March Madness: Sports Movie Characters Round of 32
First and foremost, thank you to everyone who voted. It was truly entertaining to watch the results happen and part of me dying when the person I voted for kept falling behind or getting that spark when the opposite happened.
Shoutout to My Good Friend Danny
One of my good friends took his picks a step further and sent commentary to go along with it and they were GOLD!
His Pick: Icebox over G-Baby
His Reason: Unfortunately…G-Baby just ran out of life.
TOO SOON DANNY!
His pick: Patches over Hobbs
His Reason: In a huge upset…Patches dodged, ducked, dipped, dived and dodged defeat. Beating an opponent who “naturally” should have won.
Great Play on words there.
His Pick: Boone over Air Bud
His Reason: Boone puts down Air Bud
Well that got fucking dark.
His Pick: Duggan over Leak
His Reason: Roger Hornsby was his manager…he beats down Leak and tells him to stop crying because why? (I think you all know the line)
Brilliant my friend…brilliant. The Roger Hornsby had me in stitches.
His Pick: Wild Thing over Tweeder
His Reason: Wild Thing – He makes everything groovy. However, doubters will say he will blow it in the playoffs…fucking Randy Quaid
Yeah…fucking front runner.
- (14) Patches O Hoolihan def. (3) Roy Hobbs
- (13) Ronnie “Sunshine” Bass def. (4) Ty Webb
- (14) Greg Goldberg def. (3) Pedro Cerrano
Round 2 Match Ups
(1) Gordon Bombay v (8) Ham Porter
(5) Boobie Miles v (4) Becky “The Icebox” O’Shea
(6) Ricky Bobby v (14) Patches O’Hoolihan
(7) Rocky Balboa v (2) Charlie Conway
(1) Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez v (8) Julius Campbell
(5) Happy Gilmore v (4) Sidney Dean
(6) Herman Boone v (3) Ivan Drago
(10) Daniel Larusso v (2) Jimmy Duggan
(1) Billy Hoyle v (9) Shooter McGavin
(13) Ronnie “Sunshine” Bass v (5) Gerry Bertier
(6) Shane Falco v (3) Spike Hammersmith
(7) Mr. Miyagi v (2) Willie Beamen
(1) Ricky “Wild Thing” Vaughn v (8) Danny Bateman
(5) Paul Crewe v (4) Willie Mays Hayes
(6) Bobby Boucher v (14) Greg Goldberg
(7) White Goodman v (2) Nigel “The Leg” Gruff