ABC Series Part IV -Video Games
I was driving recently and you know how car thoughts can be, random as hell. I don’t know why it popped in my head but I started thinking about a year long project my 5th grade Reading/English teacher had us do. It was an ABC booklet where we picked something that started with the corresponding letter and each Friday we presented our selection until we made it to Z.
We had to draw a picture and tell the class five facts about it. I had a lot of fun doing. All these years later, I still remember it so clearly it meant something to me. I decided to do an entire ABC series if you will, I am going to dive into several subcategories and list the first one that pops in my head from A-Z. For this list, I will choose Video Games. Then, I will give 5 thoughts that stem from the games or video game characters.
A – Assassins Creed
- The Ezio Trilogy is by far my favorite story of all of them.
- Black Flag is probably my favorite in terms of game play.
- The shanties the pirates sung were freaking amazing.
- I actually never beat the first one.
- Overall, probably one of my favorite video game series ever despite some lackluster titles in more recent years.
B – Backyard Sports
- Pablo Sanchez is not to be fucked with.
- Backyard Baseball is my favorite of the series.
- I actually didn’t play any of them until I was 22 or 23.
- I love custom based games where you create and build so this scratches an itch I always have.
- I need to get back on that shit.
C – Call of Duty
- This is one of the many reasons I had a 1.2 my first semester in college.
- Modern Warfare 2&3 were easily the best of the entire series.
- I think I was one of the few people who actually played the campaign.
- My favorite campaign was Black Ops.
- MY NAME IS VIKTOR REZNOV!
D – Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong sucks! You know something, you suck.
- The original Donkey Kong is dope.
- My favorite level was the railway.
- I never actually played the one for 64.
- I used to love playing as him on Mario Party and Super Smash.
E – ESPN NFL 2K5
- THE greatest football game ever made, period.
- I still pop this in every year at some point during football season.
- If it had a decent offseason, this game would be even better.
- The gameplay is so damn smooth.
- One of the things I love about it is the clock syncs up nicely with game flow meaning you can play a game in 20-25 minutes but the stats reflect much of a real life game.
F – FIFA
- I actually just broke FIFA 15 the other day.
- The game was being a dick and it only cost me $3 when I bought it. Suck it Fifa.
- Out of all the sports titles currently, this is my favorite.
- It is the most fun sport game to play against friends because the games are quick and fast paced.
- Some of my favorite players to ball with on FIFA are Zlatan, Hazard, Sneijder and Drogba.
G – Grand Theft Auto
- When and are they coming out with another one?
- The first Grand Theft Auto I actually beat was GTA IV.
- GTA V was the best one hands down.
- I used to play the shit out of the online prison brawl.
- GTA 3 will forever be the pioneer of the series.
H – Heavy Rain
- Another story based game that I never beat.
- The gameplay was very different, but actually fun.
- I wound up reading the synopsis on all the ways it could play out and it was pretty cool.
- I had never heard of it until recently.
- It was free on PS4 for a while so I gave it a shot.
I – Infamous
- I know nothing about this game.
J – James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
- QQBeaver – a few old friends will understand this.
- The multiplayer on this game was dope.
- We used to use rocket launchers and jetpacks on a level that was a pier.
- I remember going to my buddy’s house for a sleepover and playing this all night.
- We played a game to 100 I think that lasted about 3-4 hours.
K – Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball
- I used to play this for hours when I was a kid.
- It was the first baseball game I ever owned.
- Obviously I played the hell out of it with the Mariners.
- That lineup was absolutely loaded.
- It is very much a classic that stood well with time.
L – The Last of Us
- This is probably my favorite story based game of all time.
- I love how it followed an open world concept but guided to some degree.
- This game had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
- I have beaten it I believe 4 times.
- I am sure that number is probably higher if I still had my PS4.
M – Mario Party
- Wario for life.
- Mario Party 2 & 3 are the best ones.
- I am nearly untouchable in 2.
- I also turn into a total asshole when I play this.
- I’m basically the Lavar Ball of Mario Party…NEVA LOST. Nah I lost a few, there’s a reason my friends remind me of it.
N – NFL Madden
- I have spent many many many hours playing the series.
- Madden 2008 was probably my favorite.
- They had all the best gameplay features: high/low hit stick, highlight stick, lead blocking and QB vision was still a thing.
- Michael Vick in 2004 is still the most unstoppable video game athlete ever.
- I became hooked when I got Madden 03.
O – The Oregon Trail
- I never played this a lot.
- I used to play it at school when we had computer.
- The only thing I knew how to do was buck hunt.
- The last time I played was 5th grade.
- I probably died of dysentery.
P – Pac-Man
- Pac-Man is a total classic.
- Once again it is a game I have never beaten.
- That doesn’t mean I didn’t spend hours playing and enjoying it.
- I can still hear the sound from the game.
- PAC Man uncontrollably guzzling cum is an all timer for Cards Against Humanity.
Q – Quarterback Club 2002
- This was the first football game I got when I got my PS2.
- It wasn’t the best game, but oddly fun.
- There was a glitch where if you picked FG block on defense, guaranteed sack.
- The best part of the game was the old QB Challenge they used to do for Pro Bowl.
- The Rams were unstoppable on here.
R – Roller Coaster Tycoon
- I used to play this for hours at my buddy’s house as a kid.
- The names of the rides were ridiculous, like Scrambled Eggs (Scrambler).
- Damn copyright.
- Much like every other sim game it was fun to trap them and wreak havoc.
- Testing the Roller Coaster was hilarious, but it would have been great to be able to set them up to jump off the track with people actually on them.
S – Super Smash Bros.
- I am god awful at this game.
- However, it is one of the most fun to play.
- I loved the story mode on the first one.
- You remember Master Hand?
- I used Kirby, Pikachu and Donkey Kong for one move from each of them.
T – Tony Hawk Underground
- Eric Sparrow is a douchebag.
- This was by far my favorite Tony Hawk game.
- I just played the story about 3 months ago. Still dope.
- The Tampa Am was my favorite part of it.
- This was when I first heard the ridiculous pick up line, “nice legs, what time do they open?”
U – Uncharted
V – Vampyr
- It is the only game I can think of for V.
- I always think about buying it and I see it in the stores all the time.
- I think a vampire based game would actually be dope if done right.
- The reviews aren’t great on it though.
- If anyone has played, leave me a comment.
W – WWF No Mercy
- THE. BEST.
- This game was truly a pioneer for wrestling games.
- I loved the addition of backstage fighting, the story mode, the announcers table and weapons staying in the ring.
- The roster on here was stupid. So many great stars.
- My favorite move on the entire game was the Essa Rios moonsault.
X – X-Men (Arcade)
- I am actually not big into arcade style fighting games like this.
- I have never been good at them.
- I only used Wolverine.
Y – Yoshi’s Island
- I busted this one out recently.
- This is easily my favorite of all the Mario games.
- I absolute hate the Haunted House levels, always have.
- Castles, different story.
- I always hoarded one ups in the first level of the forrest.
Z – Zelda
- The only Zelda I played was the one for N64.
- I don’t remember much about it.
- The only thing I remember was thinking it was so damn cool to ride a horse in a video game.
- Zelda was a beast in Super Smash.
- I didn’t know until high school that Zelda was a girl.