I was driving recently and you know how car thoughts can be, random as hell. I don’t know why it popped in my head but I started thinking about a year long project my 5th grade Reading/English teacher had us do. It was an ABC booklet where we picked something that started with the corresponding letter and each Friday we presented our selection until we made it to Z.
We had to draw a picture and tell the class five facts about it. I had a lot of fun doing. All these years later, I still remember it so clearly it meant something to me. I decided to do an entire ABC series if you will, I am going to dive into several subcategories and list the first one that pops in my head from A-Z. Then, I will list 5 random thoughts about them. The last topic will be Disney. It will consist of characters and Disney World.
A – Aladdin
- Street rat, I won’t buy that.
- Scott Weigner, THEY BROKE THE FOURTH WALL ON FULL HOUSE.
- Tell me a whole new world isn’t one of the most fun things to sing.
- Make way for Prince Ali.
- Anyone else love that he gave the two children the bread in the beginning? Quality dude.
B – Brer Rabbit
- Zip-a-dee-do-da (Spelling?)
- Splash Mountain is my wife’s favorite ride.
- I actually rode without her when she was pregnant and it sucked without her.
- I snap chatted a bunch of parts of the ride for her.
- P-P-P-Please don’t put me in that briar patch!
C – Cosmic Ray’s
- First off, you can’t mess with their chicken nuggets.
- Even they are the same as every other place in Disney, they just taste better.
- If I go to Disney and not eat here, it is a fail.
- It is as basic as it comes.
- This place is synonymous with Magic Kingdom for me.
D – Donald Duck
- Donald Duck is awesome.
- He is easily my favorite of the original character.
- Ole grumpy ass.
- I still wonder how he is not a sex offender.
- He doesn’t wear pants.
E – Epcot
- I once questioned if I was in the right bathroom while shitting after two drunk girls walked in.
- “I don’t want to break up.”
- You had to be there.
- Drinking around the world is one of my favorite things to do in Disney.
- Food and Wine Fest is amazeballs.
F – Fast Passes
- I thank my wife for getting up early to always schedule ours.
- That girls knows how to work the system.
- I miss the old ones.
- We dressed as fast passes of our favorite rides on Halloween one year.
- I once watched someone shit on a cast member because the fast pass wasn’t a walk through. Moron.
G – Gaston
- BEST. DISNEY. VILLAIN. EVER.
- When I was a lad
- I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large
- Now that I am grown I eat five dozen eggs
- So I’m roughly the size of a BAAAAAAAAAAARGE
H – Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
- Love love love this place.
- So much to eat there.
- The show is amazing.
- The interaction with the cast is so much fun.
- The food is incredible. Best fried chicken and mashed potatoes ever!
I – Iago
- Gilbert Freaking Gottfried.
- You can hear that voice from a mile away.
- Underrated villain sidekick.
- He is a total greedy bastard.
- I haven’t seen the new Aladdin yet, but I wonder how Iago sounds.
J – Jungle Cruise
- This ride is a dad’s wet dream.
- Ha. That is kind of funny because it’s a water ride.
- Nothing like a ride filled with dad jokes.
- It’s awesome they are making a movie based on the ride.
- That should be fun especially with The Rock.
K – Kali River Rapids
- I don’t ride this that often, but I do enjoy it.
- I think I have been on it just 3 times.
- I used to hate getting wet on the water rides.
- Now I just don’t care most of the time.
- My son would probably love this.
L – Le Cellier
- Literally my wife and I’s favorite place to eat in Disney.
- The food is amazing.
- I love it because it’s like fine dining but kid friendly. Win/win.
- Beer Cheese Soup and Filet. YUM!
- They apparently use syrup for tea in Canada and my wife and used it for the bread. Now we always do because we’re ignorant and like to set new trends.
M – Mickey Mouse
- I get chills thinking about Mickey Mouse.
- My favorite quote probably ever is “I only hope we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse.”
- It’s so symbolic because it’s so honest and true.
- Words and ideas can change the world.
- Disney is arguably the most recognizable brand on the planet and it literally all began with Mickey Mouse.
N – Nemo
- Ahhhh Nemo…that’s a nice name.
- He definitely touched the butt.
- The scene where he made Marlin let go to help Dory, that is tough to watch.
- The lucky fin helped him.
- Shark Bait Hoo Ha Ha.
O – Olaf
- He is the most lovable snowman since Frosty.
- Josh Gad is awesome and did amazing with Olaf.
- He was the best thing to come from Frozen.
- He is the only thing from the movie I don’t mind seeing all over Disney.
- In Suuuuuumeeeeeerrrr!
P – Polynesian
- This is my favorite resort on the ground, not even close.
- We stayed there last time we went and it was amazing.
- Now that Moana has become so big, I love that it is sharing the space with Lilo and Stitch.
- If you want great drinks, the hotel has some amazing ones.
- The dream is to stay in the Bungalos.
Q – Quasimodo
- The first thing I think of is the part in Happily Ever After is the Quasimodo “Out There” Part.
- I remember falling asleep seeing this in theaters.
- I’ve never really seen it much since so I don’t know much about it.
- But that song is awesome.
- I used to wear a Hunchback of Notre Dame shirt as a kid. That shirt was cool.
R – Rockin’ Roller Coast
- I love that when everyone pops their cherry on this that the face at the beginning is always memorable.
- It’s short but a ton of fun.
- I used to get headaches from it because my head always slam the protectors.
- The first flip is freaking intense.
- It is always a win when Dude Looks Like A Lady plays while riding.
S – Scar
- The Best Disney Villain hands down.
- Although I haven’t seen it yet, I love Scars look in the live action.
- He is a total dirt bag.
- The battle with he and Simba is one of favorite climaxes of any Disney movie.
- LONG LIVE THE KING!
T – Tower of Terror
- I dressed as the Tower of Terror fast pass when we did that for Halloween.
- I lost my shit as a kid when I went on this.
- I refused to go on it anymore as a kid.
- The cast members for this are my favorite.
- If I worked a ride, I would love to do this one.
U – Under the Sea
- Great song.
- Always a bonus to get someone with a Jamaican accent accent to sing.
- This song is my favorite part on the Little Mermaid ride.
- You can’t help but not sing.
- Top 5 Disney song ever, maybe.
V – Violet
- Violet is the only thing I could think of with V off the top of my head.
- I haven’t watched the Incredibles much.
- It always has been more background noise when I play with my son.
- I know she seemed pretty emo in the first one.
- Aside from that, I don’t know much.
W – Wishes
- I wish they would have never gotten rid of this show.
- It was my wife and I’s favorite by far.
- Happily Ever After is great and I love it, but why did Wishes have to go!?!?!
- I wrote a personal column on why Disney means so much to us (read here).
- We had a Disney trip when we were struggling to conceive and our wish during it was to have our sweet boy. A few weeks later, it came true.
X – X-Wing
- The letter X sucks for this, honestly.
- The X-Wing from Star Wars is the only thing I can think of.
- It isn’t even close to being my favorite ship. But, it will do.
- I actually had one of them as a child.
- It’s actually kind of crazy how many star wars toys I had considering I liked it, but wasn’t as big of a fan as I was of other movies.
Y – Yacht Club
- It is one of the hotels I never stayed in.
- It does have one of the best restaurants in Disney, Yachtsman Steakhouse.
- We ate their on our Honeymoon.
- We didn’t realize park clothes weren’t really the attire for it so we looked like bums.
- Oh well, the food was great. I got a sorbet sampler for dessert. Amazing.
Z – Zazu
- I always liked Zazu a lot as a kid.
- I was pretty fired up when they casted John Oliver to play him in the live action remake.
- That is a major W.
- I love the relationship he has with Mufasa and Simba.
- What a great name for a bird.